Source: An inside look at ADHD.
Follow Francesca Mura on Pinterest
Me 100% of the time. Luckily Ito help for my ADD when I was a child
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
can you bear the weight or will it crush you? /// r.i.d
Basically my life
Writing is like making love. Don’t worry about the orgasm, just concentrate on the process.
i know you do it without thinking but it’s okay sweetheart you don’t have to apologize for eating in front of me i don’t like hearing “haha i’m so fat this is my third slice of pizza” “im gonna have to run so much tomorrow” “excuse me while i shove my face with this whole burrito" it makes me so…
Pronouns, right? Super weird little lexical referents.
My site moved to a new host, so everything should be better now! Everything - my site, my comic, my life, my cats, my cooking, my sex. Everything.
In case you’re unfamiliar with his music, Tom Waits is what you’d get if Bruce Springsteen spent the first 20 years of his life locked in an attic with a pack of wolves.
Reblog this if you’re ok with polyamory. I’m trying to prove a point to my parents.
If you’re not okay with polyamory, you’re not okay with me.
Another time, Jack took a call. A voice on the other end said, ‘There are three of us down here in the lobby. We want to see the guy who does this disgusting comic book and show him what real Nazis would do to his Captain America’. To the horror of others in the office, Kirby rolled up his sleeves and headed downstairs. The callers, however, were gone by the time he arrived.
Mark Evanier, Kirby: King of Comics (via nerdhapley)
It’s Jack Kirby’s birthday, so here’s that story of him being bad ass all of the time.
True fact: during WWII Kirby was assigned as a scout due to his art skills, meaning that he went in alone and unarmed, ahead of Allied attacks so that he could draw enemy fortifications.
Once he was ambushed by three Nazi soldiers, all of them with guns. He killed all three with a knife he stole from one of them.
Dude was verifiably grade-A stone-cold badass.
And that’s why Jack Kirby was the King.