The idea that intelligence is linked to English pronunciation is a legacy from colonial thinking.
Many successful women suffer from impostor syndrome. Impostor syndrome is the feeling that you’re a fraud—that you’re somehow less qualified than your peers, less deserving of success, and that you’ll be ‘found out’ if you don’t work longer and harder than everyone else.
Translated by me and Monica Odom.
[image text] Brenda is always getting harassed on the street while on her walk to work. Brenda, you should never have to feel threatened when using public spaces like everyone else.
[texto da imagem] Brenda sempre é assediada com cantadas de rua no caminho para o trabalho. Brenda, você deveria ter o direito garantido de não se sentir ameaçada ao utilizar espaços públicos, assim como qualquer pessoa.
Source: An inside look at ADHD.
Follow Francesca Mura on Pinterest
Me 100% of the time. Luckily Ito help for my ADD when I was a child
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
can you bear the weight or will it crush you? /// r.i.d
Basically my life
Writing is like making love. Don’t worry about the orgasm, just concentrate on the process.
i know you do it without thinking but it’s okay sweetheart you don’t have to apologize for eating in front of me i don’t like hearing “haha i’m so fat this is my third slice of pizza” “im gonna have to run so much tomorrow” “excuse me while i shove my face with this whole burrito" it makes me so…
Pronouns, right? Super weird little lexical referents.
My site moved to a new host, so everything should be better now! Everything - my site, my comic, my life, my cats, my cooking, my sex. Everything.